Central Curry Soil and Water Conservation District
Soil and Water Conservation District promotes stewardship of natural resources by providing leadership, education, technical and financial assistance to the citizens of the District. We support our constituents through our cropland assistance, brush management, weed management, conservation programs, native plant sales, and workshops. The District helps increase conservation awareness through participation in local and regional events, science fairs, educational initiatives, and NRCS Farm Bill programs.
The Soil and Water Conservation District Act requires district offices to work to:
- control and prevent soil erosion;
- prevent floodwater and sediment damage;
- further the conservation, development, beneficial application and proper disposal of water;
- promote the use of impounded water for recreation, propagation of fish and wildlife, irrigation and for urban and industrial needs; and
- by the application of these measures, conserve and develop the natural resources of the state, provide for flood control, preserve wildlife, protect the tax base and promote the health, safety and general welfare of the people of New Mexico.