Northeast Elko Conservation District
Planning and Service
Provide for involvement of other agencies, organizations and individuals in the annual planning and implementation of district operations and programs.
- Identify and prioritize Resource Concerns within the District in order to coordinate with the NRCS in resource planning and program implementation
- Continue cooperation with the NRCS on the snow survey program.
- Provide support for the current Farm Bill Programs.
- Continue cooperation with all agencies on water quality problems when identified within the District.
- Provide technical assistance and support, to land users in planning, implementation, and maintenance of conservation practices.
- Assist NRCS on outreach programs to insure that all landusers are aware of available assistance.
- Participate with and support the North Eastern Nevada Stewardship Group.
- Support the collaboration, planning and implementation of plans for the Shoesole plan involving the Cottonwood, Boies and Home Ranches under the Resource Collaborative Planning Program.
- Collaborate on projects pertaining to Sage-Grouse Habitat Management with the State of Nevada Sagebrush Ecosystem Council and other cooperating agencies and groups.
Noxious Weed Control Program
- Dominant species: short white top, Canada thistle and leafy spurge ?
- Continue treatment in the Crittenden Reservoir Area ?
- Continue spot treatments along Elko County Roads ?
- Implement GPS mapping of Weed infestations within the District to identify problem areas. ?
- The District maintains two GPS units to assist in accurate mapping ?
- Continue providing non-restricted chemical and equipment for cooperators on Noxious Weed control efforts
- Continue cooperation with the Elko County Cooperative Weed Management Area and support the Weed Summit.
- Maintain involvement/communication with the Goose Creek Weed Management Area and the Humboldt River Watershed Cooperative Weed Management Area.
Equipment Program ?
- Manage the district equipment program for benefit of cooperators in all areas of the District in implementing conservation practices. ?
- Continue equipment maintenance agreement with Wells High School shop and FFA.
Information and Education Program
- Sponsor participants to the annual Range Camp, if funding is available.
- Provide assistance to schools within the District on conservation education.
- Provide scholarships to students who plan higher education in agriculture/ resource management or related fields, if funding is available.
- Cooperate with the developing Great Basin College Agriculture Department for educational programs and sites for the programs.