Ranchland Trust of Kansas
The mission of the Ranchland Trust of Kansas is to preserve Kansas’ ranching heritage and open spaces for future generations through the conservation of working landscapes.
The Ranchland Trust of Kansas has a vision that drives our commitment and guides our initiatives as an organization. RTK believes:
- Kansas farm and ranchland, in many areas of the state, will come under additional pressure for conversion of open space to residential and commercial development.
- Cattle ranching will continue to be regarded in high esteem as a part of the state’s rich heritage and an environmental friendly activity.
- The public will become increasingly aware and supportive of public and private efforts to recognize, celebrate and preserve working farm and ranch lands that provide open spaces and a special quality of life for all.
- Private landowners will seek voluntary land conservation tools and land trusts that can provide the means of preserving farm and ranch family legacies.
- Agricultural producers and landowners, the conservation community, governmental officials and members of the public will hold the organization in high regard and provide a sustainable source of funding and people resources for RTK.